Victims often have many questions after a car accident. If your accident was caused by another driver’s negligence, they may be liable for the resulting damages. While on the roads, even a seemingly minor act of negligence can cause a major accident and serious injuries. Call the Gutierrez Law Firm to speak to attorneys who are experienced in handling motor vehicle accidents and resulting injuries.
Causes of Car Crashes
Causes of car accidents in Alice and elsewhere in Texas can include:
Additional dangers come with used or rental cars, which often aren’t updated for recall issues that can lead to accidents and injuries.
Injuries After a Crash
The impact of a wreck can cause a wide range of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Head trauma
- Skull injuries
- Brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Facial injuries due to impact with the dashboard, steering wheel, or airbags
- Burns, including those caused by air bags
These injuries can lead to overwhelming costs, including medical care, lost wages from missed work, and rehabilitation. If you have been seriously injured, insurance companies may offer you a settlement amount to close your claim. This amount may sound like a large amount, but remember that any amount you receive must cover your long and short-term costs. If injuries require lengthy care, such as surgery, medications, physical therapy, or medical equipment like a wheelchair, your costs can quickly add up to more than the offered settlement amount. A vehicle accident lawyer in Alice can help you determine what amount will truly cover all of the costs incurred as a result of the other driver’s neglect, or after a single vehicle accident that occurred as a result of outside negligence.
What Damages Are Available in Car Accident Compensation?
Damage to your vehicle, personal injury and loss of wages can add up in the weeks and months after a car accident. Attempting to negotiate car accident compensation with your insurance company can be a frustrating and stressful process. What damages should you be entitled to after an accident? This breakdown on the car accident compensation process will help explain how accident compensation works and how our team of car accident attorneys can help.
There are four types of reimbursement to be considered in a car accident compensation case. Most drivers consider damage to the car and injury to self as the two main categories. However, pain and suffering along with lost wages should also be considered when calculating car accident compensation.
- Medical Expenses. This encompasses all of the expenses accrued from the accident. It includes ambulance rides, emergency care, follow-up appointments, and visits to specialists. Medical expense calculations should also include projections for long-term care and rehabilitation.
- Property Damages. This is the damage to your vehicle and includes bodywork, paint repair and mechanical repair. Anything done to restore your vehicle to its state prior to the accident.
- Lost Wages. Did the accident result in missed time at work? If so, lost wages should be included as part of your accident compensation. Lost wages include future wages that cannot be earned because of the accident. If you’re unable to resume the same level of skill and work, this will impact your future earnings.
- Pain and Suffering. Defined as the physical and mental distress from an accident, this can range from emotional damage to stress and anxiety.
Negotiating with insurance companies can be difficult, and they will attempt to pay the smallest amount possible in car accident compensation. When you have been in a motor vehicle accident and are suffering physically and financially, it can be tempting to take what the insurance company offers.
Having an experienced Alice attorney to fight on your behalf can result in getting the full car accident compensation you are owed
Document Your Accident in Detail
Accident compensation cases are fought on the battlefield of detail. The more information, the better your chance of combating a low-ball offer from insurance. Documentation on your accident case should include:
- Police Reports
- Auto damage quotes
- Missed employment records
- Medical expenses and diagnosis
- Medical treatment plans
Keep all paperwork and documentation and keep it truthful. Any attempt to create false or forged documents will only hurt your chances of success.
Car accident compensation is made complicated by the insurance companies attempting to offer the lowest possible claim amounts. Avoid jumping at the first offer, and take the time to contact the accident attorneys at Gutierrez Law Firm and get help today.
Seek Legal Counsel from an Alice Car Accident Attorney
The Alice car accident lawyers of The Gutierrez Law Firm have years of experience in pursuing compensation for those who have been harmed by another’s negligent driving. No matter the extent of your injuries, we can analyze your situation and help you determine the best steps to take after a car accident. Fill out a contact form now.