Baldemar F. GutierrezFounder
Baldemar F. GutierrezFounder
Baldemar F. Gutierrez
Baldemar F. Gutierrez is the founder of the Gutierrez Law Firm. Mr. Gutierrez has over 35 years of legal experience representing victims of vehicle and workplace injuries. He is a member of two elite organizations, the American Board of Trial Advocates and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
In addition to many other multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements in his career, Mr. Gutierrez served on the trial team that obtained a $110 million jury verdict against Ford Motor Company in a wrongful death case in Duval County, Texas. Mr. Gutierrez is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and was named a Texas Super Lawyer in 2011. He was named the Hispanic Alumni of the Year by the Thurgood Marshall School of Law in recognition of his contributions to the legal field and the Hispanic community, and received the Community Leader Award from the American GI Forum.
After receiving his Bachelor of Arts in Education from Texas A&I in Kingsville, Mr. Gutierrez attended the Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University. He graduated with his Juris Doctor in 1977 and gained his license to practice law in Texas that same year. The following year, Mr. Gutierrez founded The Gutierrez Law Firm, Inc. In his practice, Mr. Gutierrez has been aggressive in pursuing personal injury claims on behalf of his clients, specifically related to workplace injury, product liability, and wrongful death. He has also been successful in recovering compensation in numerous consumer fraud and underinsured motorist cases.
Baldemar is licensed to practice law in all Texas state courts and the Federal Courts of the Southern District of Texas. In addition to representing injury and wrongful death clients at the Gutierrez Law Firm, Mr. Gutierrez serves as the Duval County Attorney.
Mr. Gutierrez is a proud husband and father of five children, two of whom now practice law with him. He devotes a large amount of his free time to youth organizations in his community.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas College of Trial Advocacy
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Mr. Gutierrez has a long career of legal victories, helping thousands of clients obtain compensation against negligent individuals and companies.
- Obtained a jury trial verdict of $110 million against Ford Motor Company after a defective door latch caused deaths.
- Gained a jury trial victory against Cessna for defective airplane seat belt and seat mechanisms that caused death.
- Successful representation of parties against major tire manufacturer for deaths and injuries resulting from tire tread separation.
- Successful in obtaining a jury trial verdict against Crossman Air Guns after a child lost an eye when accidentally shot by a defective BB gun.
- Negotiated numerous confidential settlements against companies and insurance companies for workplace and automobile accidents resulting in serious injuries and death.
- Successfully represented numerous cases involving forklift operators killed while on the jobsite.
- Obtained a jury trial verdict on behalf of a man electrocuted due to CP&L power company’s negligence.
- Successfully argued case before the Supreme Court of Texas regarding worker’s compensation benefits.
- Successful representation in case involving Mexican national electrocuted while working on a mushroom farm in Pennsylvania.
- Victory in jury trial against Holiday Inn; bus driver employee of Holiday Inn fell asleep at the wheel and caused accident resulting in death of another driver.
- Victory in jury trial against Southern Pacific Railroad Company for wrongful death; train failed to apply breaks to avoid striking man on railroad tracks
- Victory in jury trial against fire-sprinkler system company Argyle for personal injury; carpenter injured when he fell off roof due to Argyle’s failure to properly secure sprinkler pipe.
- Lead counsel in jury trial victory against Laredo-based freight hauler Golden Arrow for wrongful death; 18-wheeler struck and killed drivers.
- Jury trial victory in case involving 18-wheeler driver who ran red light and seriously injured innocent driver.
Forgery and Fraud
- Successful representation of over 100 mobile home owners and landowners; in cases involving fraud, forgeries and releases of liens.
- Successful settlement against Port Lavaca Dodge Chrysler Jeep on behalf of car purchasers; car purchaser’s name was forged on contract for vehicle.
- Victory in jury trial against USAA Insurance Company for underinsured motorist claim; obtained judgment against USAA for dentist who lost significant income due to accident.
- Numerous settlements in cases against insurance carriers for underinsured and uninsured motorist coverages.
- Successfully argued case before Supreme Court of Texas; case regarding worker’s compensation benefits.
- Successfully obtained acquittal for police officers accused of stealing/official oppression (Duval County, Texas)
- Successfully obtained acquittal for individual accused of rape (Goliad County, Texas)
- Successfully obtained acquittal for individual accused of attempted murder (Duval County, Texas)