John Bozada brings a breadth of experience and knowledge in both business law and litigation to the Gutierrez Law Firm. As a lawyer with the firm, he assists clients with personal injury and matters, specifically related to workplace and motor vehicle injury.
Mr. Bozada completed his undergraduate education at the University of Texas at Austin, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in the Plan II Liberal Arts Honors Program and a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree in the Business Honors and International Business Programs. He then attended Yale Law School where he was on the Yale Law & Policy Review and participated in the Lowenstein International Human Rights Project and Morris Tyler Moot Court of Appeals. After graduating from Yale Law School in 2003, Mr. Bozada worked as a Federal Judicial Clerk to U.S. District Judge Janis Graham Jack in the Southern District of Texas. He then served as General Counsel and Director of Operations for Kell Munoz Architects, Inc. before founding Bozada P.C., a law firm specializing in business transactions, business litigation, real estate law, government contracts, and technology law in San Antonio, Texas.
In addition to his professional accomplishments, Mr. Bozada is an active participant in both the legal and local community. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas, the San Antonio Bar Association, and the San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Bozada is also a member of the Board of Directors of the San Antonio Westside YMCA, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Yale Club of South Texas, a member of the Frost Bank Business Advisory Committee and a member of Leadership San Antonio Class 34. Since 2007, Mr. Bozada has also been an Adjunct Professor at St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio where he teaches Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Directors of the Yale Club of South Texas, Vice Chairman
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Westside YMCA in San Antonio, Former Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Frost Bank Business Advisory Committee
- Board of Positive Beginnings, Inc., Former Chairman
Mr. Bozada handles legal matters involving personal injury, wrongful death, business transactions, business litigation, real estate, government contracts, and technology.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Successful representation of personal injury victim in 18-wheeler accident, resulting in confidential multi-million dollar settlement.
- Successful representation of family in wrongful death victim in workplace vehicle accident, resulting in confidential multi-million dollar settlement.
- Successful representation of family of six (two minors, four adults) in 18-wheeler accident, resulting in confidential settlement.
- Successful representation of hand injury victim in an oil field accident case, resulting in confidential settlement.
- Represented homeowners in litigation against the home builder and architect for defective construction and design
- Represented truck owner in lost profits cause of action.