Ana Laura Gutierrez is trial lawyer with the Gutierrez Law Firm. Ms. Gutierrez is a former prosecutor, and she brings extensive trial experience to the firm. Ms. Gutierrez represents individuals and families who have been injured or killed in automobile or workplace accidents. Ms. Gutierrez has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40, a professional organization composed of the top trial lawyers from each state or regions of certain highly-populated states who are younger than the age of 40. Membership into The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 is by invitation only. Invitees must exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40.
She received her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio in 2003, and earned her Juris Doctor from Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University in 2009. After graduation, Ms. Gutierrez worked as an Assistant District Attorney in Jim Wells and Brooks Counties. As an Assistant District Attorney, she gained trial expertise in handling serious felony cases, including border crime cases. In 2011, she joined the Gutierrez Law Firm and has served as lead counsel on a variety of personal injury and wrongful death matters, including catastrophic oilfield accident cases.
She is currently licensed to appear before all Texas state courts and is a member of the Coastal Bend Bar Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice.
Outside of the office, Ms. Gutierrez enjoys spending time with her two beautiful children, volunteering with their schools, and working with Dress for Success.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Coastal Bend Bar Association
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
Ana Laura Gutierrez focuses her time and attention on personal injury and wrongful death cases. Her work as an Assistant District Attorney gives her a unique perspective for trying cases.
- Successful representation of hand injury victims (crush injury and amputation); confidential settlements.
- Successful representation of oilfield explosion victim; confidential settlement.
- Lead counsel in jury trial victory against negligent driver represented by Allstate.
- Numerous representation of auto accident victims.
- Representation of clients suffering from Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) resulting from oilfield explosion and vehicle collisions.
Criminal Law Trial Experience
- Murder and arson jury trials